Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Community Services Department 1525 N. Oracle Rd. Tucson, AZ 85705
This position will coordinate the development of new programming as well as program enhancements integrating theory and proven effective practices within a team
This position requires excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English and Spanish.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least five years of prevention/administrative experience, and /or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform assigned duties. General attributes should include a commitment to the organization’s mission and values. A Master degree preferred.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Facilitate the development and enhancement of prevention services
Coordinate and conduct formal needs assessments in each targeted community on an annual basis
Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective linkages with funding sources.
Research and provide updates related to policies/trends related to funding/new initiatives on a national and local level that effect prevention and education.
Assist in the development and submittal of grant proposals.
Serve as liaison to internal training department and develop/present training for prevention staff
Assist with the contract management and compliance coordination
Assume duties as designated by the Director to assure proper and continued function of prevention programs.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software relevant to community mapping and resources.
- Excellent working knowledge of state of the art prevention for children; women and family services
- Knowledge of regulations impacting non-profit agencies
- Grant/Proposal writing skills
- Ability to design and implement programs geared to enhancing services
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Should possess strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to mange several projects simultaneously and track project results, the capacity to participate effectively on teams, work effectively with people from different backgrounds, offer strong self motivation, put forward ideas to enhance the organization, and an overall positive attitude.
- An understanding of the non-profit sector - governance, accountability, and management.