Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator, Student Services
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: CPLC Community Schools, Tucson AZ.
Under the general direction of the principal and/or superintendent, the Coordinator for Student Services (hereafter referred to CSS) will support the activities of the individual school sites by providing administrative, data collection, archiving, monitoring, and compliance services. The CSS will assist in the administration of tests, preparation of test materials, coordinate trainings, management of data projects, data file preparation and statistical reports to support student learning. Manage the entering, accessing, maintenance and monitoring of confidential student data and records to ensure the accuracy.
Knowledge of community being served and culture, ability to analyze data statistically and qualitatively, ability to use software tools for data management, ability to consider and evaluate multiple sources of information, and ability to pay attention to detail. Demonstrate interpersonal skills, including experience interacting and working with members of diverse cultural communities. Skill in organizing data files for reference and retrieval. Ability to manage and balance multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education or related field or equivalent of 4 years experience in educational data, assessment, or related field.
- Must possess a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license.
· Create an annual written testing plan and test schedule.
· Monitor to ensure testing plan are implemented.
· Maintain accurate records of the student population and a testing operations calendar.
· Review answer sheets submitted to ensure readiness for machine scoring.
· Report testing irregularities and/or violations of testing practices.
Educational Data Support
· Facilitates data processes and systems.
· Provides on-call support and daily problem-solving to staff using data resources and keeps track of user issues.
· Prepares, uploads and downloads files to assessment databases, standards databases, and data warehouse.
· Performs database configuration and maintenance.
· Creates spreadsheets and manipulates data for site specific projects.
· Designs experimental procedures/protocols, survey questionnaires, statistical preparation of data, progress reports and presentations.
Student Assessment and Survey Data Coordination
· Ensures all data is collected within designated timeframes and in accordance with established data collection standards.
· Schedules assessments, equipment, space, and data management resources.
· Maintains close communication with site administration and/or research and evaluation regarding timelines, project tracking, and other efforts to complete assessment and survey projects.
· Works with research and evaluation and other staff to update and coordinate materials, procedures, and data collection methods.
· Distributes and collects assessment and survey materials.
· Oversees and ensures accuracy and completeness of data files, materials, and equipment.
· Coordinates communication between staff including posting information about projects in printed reports and online communication systems.
Assessment Data Project Tracking and Reporting
· Tracks and reports assessment and data management progress weekly.
· Tracks assessment and survey schedules and contacts with staff, provides version of tracking for assessments and survey documents.
· Keeps track of the alignment of assessments to relevant state standards.
· Assists in documenting data collection processes and all procedures used.
Student Data and Records Management
· Manages, interprets statutes, and verifies data requirements pertaining to student pre-enrolments, enrollments, attendance, retention, and withdraws.
· Conducts internal audits related to student data management and records management policies and procedures.
· Directs schools student data management and student records management.
· Analyzes and verifies student membership and attendance data to assure accuracy and compliance with Arizona Department of Education regulations and district policy.
· Prepares and submits state required reports pertaining to student data - i.e. 40th and 100th day Average Daily Membership (ADM).
· Coordinates the collection of membership data for all student groups to submit funding requests.
· Plans and conducts periodic in-services.
· Develops and provides written policies and procedures for the management of student data.
· Assists and participates in the annual audit in areas of student attendance reporting and records management.
Requires vision and hearing and the ability to speak, write, print, and draw. Work in the job involves sitting and using computer peripherals for extended periods of time. Requires moving from one location to another. Other physical activity includes reaching, stooping, bending, holding, grasping and lifting heavy objects. Visual weakness must not prohibit the performing of assigned duties. Verbal communicative ability required.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Indoor classroom environment and some outdoor activities away from the primary work environment. All weather conditions/temperatures. Contact with the public, employees, children and parents. May have exposure to noise.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the _____________________. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.