Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Office Care Specialist
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: De Colores Domestic Violence Shelter Phoenix, AZ
Greet all incoming guests and answer phones promptly throughout the day, manage the flow of correspondence and mail distribution. Determine the needs of clients seeking assistance and directing them to the appropriate associates. Responsible for incoming client intake assessments, chart document preparation, data entry and additional clerical dutues as needed.
Must have a professional appearance (business casual), must have excellent phone etiquette, and be customer service driven and able to multitask. Must have written, verbal and communication skills. Able to work with minimum supervision, with knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Should be punctual and customer service driven.
Combination of 6 to 12 months education and/or experience as receptionist, administrative
support/customer service. Experience using Microsoft Office products. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Professionally administer all incoming calls
- Ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- May type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Handle all incoming intake assessments with new clients, including paperwork, orientation, tour and introductions.
- Enter client data into the database system. Track all incoming and exiting clients daily.
- Responsible for the creation of new client charts and maintain documents updated.
- Provides callers with appropriate referral information such admission informaiton, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Maintain confidentiality in all administrative and programmatic matters, which include shelter’s physical address.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- May also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail including post dating outgoing mail.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Shelter Service Supervisor. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.