County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Officer I
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision, perform administrative duties in support of a department. Assist department in directing, assigning and developing procedures that pertain to the operations of the department or County as a whole. Assign work and supervise clerical staff as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Receive and answer routine inquiries and calls on behalf of supervisor; seek resolutions and answers to inquiries on more complex issues acting on the authority delegated by direct supervisor.
- Review and draft responses to correspondence.
- Research and compile data, analyze information, develop reports and coordinate special projects as delegated by supervisor.
- Assist department administration in issuing and interpreting operating policies. Recommend changes to improve workflow, simplify procedures, implement cost controls and establish efficient department operations.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and internal records in appropriate files.
- Perform department administrative duties such as coordinating purchase requisitions, securing quotes from vendors; maintenance of records pertaining to daily transactions and business details such as employee time records and budget expenditures.
- Assist in preparation of department budget and annual reports.
- May assign work and supervise clerical staff as necessary.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's degree, from an accredited institution, in business administration or related field, plus four (4) years administrative experience, one (1) year supervisory experience preferred. OR a combination of post-secondary education and/or experience totaling six (6) years, one (1) year supervisory preferred.
- Experience in accounting or financial/purchasing procedures highly desirable.
- Skilled in standard office procedures and operations, e.g., scheduling appointments, processing mail, drafting correspondence, proof reading, and word processing.
- Ability to analyze documents and issues, and summarize them with accuracy both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize workload for self and others and the ability to supervise and assign work to other staff personnel.
- Ability to act responsibly and effectively on behalf of director in interacting with government and private officials, as well as other employees and the public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills and an ability to remain flexible in performing a variety of tasks with changing priorities.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Worker often works alone, both with or without directions from supervisor.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties include files, forms, reports, paperwork and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER