Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registration Specialist - Substance Use Clinic
at Connections AZ
Job ID 2018-1953
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-AZ-PhoenixCategory Administrative/Clerical
Shift Regular - M - F - 8a - 5p
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time.
We are hiring a Registration Specialist for a new substance abuse clinic who will provide administrative, clerical, and customer service support in the Lobby of the Connections Access MAT Clinic. The Registration Specialist is responsible for greeting customers, entering patient registration information into the Electronic Health Record, entering patient demographic information, verifying insurance or payment coverage (Medicaid, Commercial, Self-Pay), updating insurance information/demographic, answering phones and other general office projects as assigned. The Registration Specialist will also be responsible for managing daily front office patient work flow through the MAT Clinic and will be responsible for maintaining operational support in collaboration with the Clinical Director.
- Greets individuals/families seeking care by providing a welcoming environment and excellent customer service
- Answers incoming telephone calls and redirects questions to appropriate clinic team members
- Registers individuals for services, including verification of AHCCCS eligibility, Commercial or Self Pay enrollment with the RBHA, and/or confirmation of other third party insurers
- Collects appropriate authorizations and release of information documents
- Opens episode of care/program in electronic health record with accuracy and efficiency
- Upon discharge, closes the episode of care/program
- Coordinates with other providers to assist with the discharge and/or transfers
- Obtains clinical records/documents as requested
- Communicates information to physicians, nurses and clinical team members
- Liaison to all departments and is the key communication link between multiple disciplines associated with individual care and the smooth functioning of the clinic
- Organizes and maintains unit supplies necessary for daily activities.
- Demonstrates abilities in working with customers and family members who are presenting with crisis needs
- Opens and closes facility per operational standing hours
- Participates in ongoing education, including in-services, training, and other activities to maintain and improve competency
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
- EXPERIENCE: Three years related experience, including patient interaction, billing, and electronic medical records in a behavioral health setting
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Spanish Bilingual a plus
- PROFICIENCIES: Computer skills-Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Record software
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!