Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Tribal Administrator
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
-This is an "At Will" position, at the pleasure of the Tribal Council. -
This position involves the responsibility of directing, coordinating, supervising and planning all Tribal programs and services. These duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with general instructions from the Tribal Chairperson and Cocopah Tribal Council.
- Interprets Tribal Council policies, administrative policies and relays instructions and Policy and procedural decisions of the Tribal Council to the Directors and Administrative staff for action or implementation.
- Represents Tribal Council at conferences, workshops, meetings, etc., at the direction of the Tribal Council.
- Coordinates meetings with the Tribal Council and other entities, i.e., government officials, business people, management and legal representatives.
- Receives inquiries, requests publications, reports, regulations etc., from agencies and directs the data to the proper services for proper response.
- Plans coordinates and reviews tribal budgets, contracts, grants, resolutions, ordinances, and lease agreements, memorandum of agreements, new laws, and regulations and make recommendation to the tribal council for action.
- Conducts research, procedures, and administrative studies and prepares reports recommending solutions or courses of action with council approval.
- Studies departmental organization and procedures; confers with Directors, Supervisors, and administrative personnel on assignments, policy interpretations, and related functions
- Supervises preparation material for public reporting and distributing of tribal documents, reports, agreements etc.
- Acts as liaison between the Tribal Council and government bureau's such as Bureau of Indian Affairs, Indian Health Services, Housing and Urban Development, etc... Keep abreast of new rules, changes in rules and advise Tribal Council of changes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Tribal Indian Law, Federal Regulations related to Tribal Government, structure of Tribal Governments, Tribal constitutions and bylaws and the administration of tribal policies, procedures, ordinances and resolution.
- Considerable knowledge of research techniques and the sources of available information concerning regulations, social services, general welfare, education, and federal policies concerning Indian Tribes.
- Ability to express ideas, recommendations effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with the Tribal Council, and federal or governing bodies.
- Must be able to obtain both Tribal Gaming and Arizona Department of Gaming License.
- Must be able to successfully pass DPS finger print background investigation.
Education and/or Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration with emphasis on basic Indian Law or closely related field or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- At least ten years’ experience with programs involving Indian people, and administering their needs.
- Valid AZ Driver’s License.
- Testing may be required.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.