Chiricahua Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Service Representative
at Chiricahua Community Health Centers
Job Title: Patient Service Representative (Medical or Dental)
Reports To: Health Center Administrator or Mobile Medical Program Administrator
Job Summary: Assists Patients, Lead Patient Service Representative, and the Health Center Management (HCM) team in the performance of a broad range of administrative duties.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted, and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Schedules and confirms patient
- Provides and facilitates the completion of necessary patient
- Verifies medical or dental insurance coverage and
- Assists patients with presumptive applications for Sliding Fee Discount
- Verifies patient demographic information.
- Informs patients of account balances and takes payments over the
- Answers telephone Responds to caller questions as able and/or transfers calls to appropriate party.
- Takes and documents messages as
- Deciphers the correct amount to charge self-pay, prompt pay or sliding fee discount program for
- Proactively greets, interacts with, and assists patients and staff in a professional
- Checks in patients on
- Travels to any location as
- Performs medical records scanning and other lead duties if hired at a center with no lead PSR. Will be designated by
- Working assigned weekends is
- Clean lobby, restrooms and other patient areas with proper cleaning supplies while using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Screen all patients and visitors and perform Infrared and ear temperature
- Use and educate patients and visitors on the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as
Additional Dental Administrative Duties
- Verifies patient treatment plans, patient instructions, and summary reports.
- Verifies dental
Additional Administrative Duties if Assigned to SEABHS.
- Runs queries on Cenpatico patients and determines which patients are missing quality
- Calls patients that are missing quality measures to schedule
- Assists patients in overcoming barriers to care by scheduling follow-up appointments, arranging transportation, and following up with patients who missed
- Performs other duties and special projects for the quality department as
Additional Administrative Duties if Assigned to Mobile Medical Units.
- Ensures accuracy of provider schedules.
- Verifies provider un-submitted encounters, as necessary.
- Verifies chart guard access and prints documents as
- Performs medical records
- Provides Staff Meeting
- Print out new patient letters as
- Posts payments and facilitates bank deposits.
- Runs encounter co-pay report as
- Runs and acts on reports as
- Maintains cleanliness of the mobile medical units, discards
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or
- Six months of experience in a customer service or office
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Any combination of experience and/or education that provides the necessary skills and
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement. For Float positions, mileage may not be
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty
- Ability to comprehend and understand limited medical
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, access files, and operate office or medical equipment,
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied
- Ability to take direction and perform assignments
- Ability to deal with challenges involving one or more variables in routine
- Knowledge of prepaid health plans and community health centers
- Ability to comprehend and understand insurance co-pays.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and
- If hired for a float position, position requires frequent travel to any health center as