Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Data Coordinator - Phoenix (28591)
at Child Crisis Arizona
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 28591
Phoenix - Early Head Start - Phoenix, AZ
2 Year Degree
- Supports Staff to ensure that all enrolled children receive a complete physical and dental examination within 90 calendar days of their enrollment.
- Contacts health service providers via information releases for additional health and dental information.
- Supporting staff to help ensure that children identified as needing medical or dental follow-up treatment receive all needed treatment in a timely manner.
- Enforces the Arizona Department of Health Services immunization policies and procedures for children by tracking immunization records of all enrolled children and providing reminders for families when updates are needed.
- Supports coordination of on-site health services for children.
- Assists in completion of screenings when appropriate.
- Completes Initial & Exit Child Assessments.
- Participates in Child Staffing to provide health information and updates.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to linguistic, cultural, social, economic, individual and role differences among persons and families served.
- Participates in appropriate meetings, reports and reviews. Ensures that Child Crisis Arizona complies with health-related standards of Head Start and other collaborative agencies.
- Shares pertinent information with supervisor and team members regarding work progress, successes, barriers, concerns and other areas that may have an impact on the department's services or image.
- Understands and maintains private and sensitive information within the confines of need-to-know parameters.
- Completes additional assignments, tasks and reports as requested.
- Adheres to procedures regarding the administration, handling, and storage of medication for enrolled children.
- Alerts parents when a child’s prescription is finished.
- Ensures there is at least one other person on staff trained in the administration of medication.
- Models Center’s expectation for sensitivity and competency relating to diversity and cultural awareness.
- Associate’s degree required.
- 1 year paid experience working with children preferred.
- Experience establishing timelines, gathering data, and creating reports.
- At least 2 years’ experience working EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment) medical records.
- Must be able to analyze, interpret, and manipulation data.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong computer skills required with considerable spreadsheet experience.
- Knowledge of Head Start health regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of Arizona EPSDT and immunization schedules for children
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!