Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Central Supply - Medical Records Clerk
at Centers Health Care
Central Supply / Medical Records Clerk
Topeka Center is seeking a Central Supply/ Medical Records Clerk for our Skilled Nursing Facility.
This will be a full time position that will require the balance of responsibilities of two departments - central supply and medical records - which will overlap. This position presents the candidate with the opportunity to work alongside multiple contacts within the facility, which in turn will establish provides the opportunity for growth within the facility. Excellent Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Package provided!
Central Supply Duties Include:
- Stocking both 1st floor and 2nd floor nursing stations with the appropriate nursing supplies
- Taking inventory inside the stock room, both nurses stations, and office
- Placing nursing supplies orders for the whole facility
- Unpacking all nursing orders that are placed
- Stocking Central Supply office with proper supplies to fulfill the facility's needs
- Keeping the Central Supply office as organized and neat as possible
Medical Records Clerk Duties will Include:
- Responsible to compile, process & accurately account for all medical records on each individual resident.
- Closing out medical charts as they are brought to you
- Copying and sending medical charts to the requesting attorneys offices
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Verify the accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Maintain electronic health records databases.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Release necessary information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Responsible for auditing and thinning all medical charts.
- Filing paperwork and making photocopies when needed
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Solid organizational, communication, and follow up skills.
- Experience in Long Term Care or healthcare settings is preferred.
- Should be friendly and a team player.
Topeka Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Southwest Topeka, Kansas. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Topeka Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave Topeka Center with dignity and independence. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Topeka Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.