Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Maintenance
at Centers Health Care
Assistant Maintenance Director
Essex Center is actively seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Maintenance for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Elizabethtown NY. Previous Maintenance experience necessary, Nursing Home setting preferred!
- Assist the Director with the management of Department operations & personnel
- Oversees regular inspections of the facility & equipment for safety, upkeep, appearance
- Supervise and assign maintenance staff responsibilities and schedules
- Schedule & ensure completion of all maintenance & repairs
- Provide oversight of contracted maintenance/repairs to ensure timely completion of services
- Maintain records of all repairs, preventative maintenance, warranties, and inspections
- Coordinating department operations, budgets, and monitoring expenditures
- Ensure all work is done in accordance with State/Federal & OSHA standards
- Should have a working knowledge of NYS Dept of Health Regulations, OSHA, MSDS, CDC, boilers, compressors, generators as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Min. high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, initiative for quality service
- Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office
- Extensive experience in HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry & general maintenance
- Supervisory experience in maintenance preferably in LTC settings
- Ability to multi-task / stay on task & maintain focus in stressful situations
- Evidence of basic leadership skills and supervision
Essex Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Elizabethtown, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Essex Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.