Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. is known far and wide as one of the most successful and innovative companies in the world. Since our founding in 1948, we have developed a corporate culture that has helped revolutionize the comfort cushioning industry. Today, with about 5,000 employees, 18 product divisions, 46 global divisions and $1.7 billion in sales, we manufacture more comfort cushioning products than any other company.
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Payroll Specialist at our Elkhart, IN branch. Reporting to the Division HR Manager, this position is responsible for administering procedures and performing all phases of hourly payroll activity and entry-level/clerical human resources functions for approximately 250 hourly employees.
The Payroll Specialist will be the primary contact for payroll timekeeping system. Provides assistance with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties, and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: payroll, time & attendance, HRIS, documentation, training, company events, and benefits administration.
- Reviews and processes all supervisor time card changes and absence codes in Kronos time & attendance system for all hourly employees on a daily basis.
- Finalizes and completes timecard sign-offs, pay verifications, and other misc. payroll functions on a weekly basis.
- Approves temp associate hours, and audits/approves temp agency invoices.
- Prepares hourly Payroll Action Notices for hourly payroll maintenance changes and submits to corporate payroll on a timely basis.
- Responds to inquiries regarding payroll, policies, procedures, and programs, and advises management in appropriate resolution of employee payroll issues.
- Administers hourly attendance policies; reviews all physician notes to ensure they meet Attendance Policy requirements, and codes them properly into Kronos.
- Communicates with branch management and Corporate on all hourly payroll issues such as adjustments, new positions, etc.
- Issues attendance and missed punch warnings in compliance with the company attendance policy.
- Prepares recurring reports for branch management.
- Prepares new hire orientation packets for all new hires.
- Organizes vendors and services, sets up and participates in annual Health Fair, and assists with other company events such as Service Anniversary reception and Open Enrollment.
- Maintains filing in both electronic and paper systems.
- Supports and backs up the Assistant HR Manager and supports the HR Manager.
- Completes additional projects as assigned by HR Manager.
- GED or High School diploma required, additional education is a plus
- 2+ years payroll experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to type accurately at 60 wpm and proficient at 10 Key by Touch
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows. Basic knowledge of Power Point
- Kronos and SAP experience a plus
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in close proximity to co-workers and other office personnel
- Great organization and people skills
- High degree of confidentiality, professionalism and emotional intelligence
- Detail oriented and logical
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and be able to meet the physical requirements of this position with/or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime when needed.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high benefit health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), profit sharing, education assistance, and paid time off. We offer long-term opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Hours: Typically 8 AM to 4:30 PM plus occasional overtime
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Administrative
Manages Others: N/A
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: N/A