PSA Behavioral Health Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PSA Behavioral Health Agency
At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Join our team and be a part of our purpose, to unleash our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time. We don’t just say this - it truly is at the forefront of everything we do. We can’t possibly make such an impact on the world without inspired and resilient teams.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance options for you and your family, as well as insurance for your beloved pets
- Generous time off benefits (13 holidays, paid birthday, PTO and Reserved Sick Leave)
- Retirement (403b) contributions
- Learning + development opportunities
- Health Promotion
Perform Medical Assistant duties and support Psychiatric staff as needed. Perform general office, data, secretarial and receptionist duties including answering multi-line phone system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts in role of Medical Assistant as needed. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collects and documents vital signs and other biometrics prior to the member being seen by the psychiatric provider.
- In collaboration with the psychiatric providers, coordinates all prescription, refill, lab and pharmacy requests.
- Manages all PCP Notifications for members receiving psychiatric services.
- Perform as PSA receptionist, greeting all visitors and answering the phone in a pleasant, positive and professional manner that reflects agency confidentiality and security policies.
- Input, update, and maintain member demographic information in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Schedule intake assessments and psychiatric appointments in EMR, and conduct follow up outreach for no show appointments.
- In collaboration with Clinical Supervisors, manage all external record requests, including subpoenas, after verifying consents, per agency and licensing standards;
- Coordinate and disseminate incoming faxes and mail.
- Collects fees and applicable co-payments, and provides receipts according to company policy. Maintains the money ledger, by logging all incoming checks and payments received. Manages front office cash drawer according to general accounting standards and ensures that all money is maintained in a locked box.
- Manage copier, phones, postage meter, fax machines, and printers at assigned site.
- Manage supply requests at assigned site and coordinate order with the Supply Assistant.
- Lock and secure the building at the close of the business day; or ensure staff members remaining on the premises after business hours are able to perform such duties.
- Conduct daily inspection of the public area of the main lobby ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance and initiating appropriate action where necessary with facilities.
- Assist in actively assessing work area for non-compliance issues and notifies supervisor in a timely manner to ensure follow up.
- Complete all required documentation and billing requirements accurately and in the assigned time frames.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Prerequisites, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED and Medical Assistant Certification.
- Preferred two years of professional work experience in Behavioral Health.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; computer literate with previous experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications in a network environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with management, supervisors, and staff.
- Capable of using judgment and tact in dealing with members at reception area.
- Must type 40 wpm and possess knowledge of general office equipment, procedures, and filing systems.
- Must possess knowledge and use of computerized software programs.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Must have DPS Level One Fingerprint clearance.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must meet all contracting and licensing requirements for agency personnel.