Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Assistant, Health
at ASU Foundation
Foundation—Health @ ASU - Student Assistant
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied—fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers—and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible—no matter from where one comes—and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country—and your work?
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest—whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real—and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
Thisis an exciting opportunity to work alongside the ASU Health Development team toexpand the overall efficiency and functionality of a growing and innovative division.Supporting the College of Health Solutions (CHS) and the College of Nursing andHealth Innovation (CONHI), this unit works closely with the Deans to enhancethe overall presence of health related initiatives and outcomes for thecommunities we serve.
Weare looking for a self-motivated, driven, curious, and productive studentassistant to work with the Development team and assist with day-to-day tasksrelated to the area’s scope of work. Reporting to the Senior DOD Health @ ASU.
Thisposition will focus on the elements of administrative and unit operationssupport. Such responsibilities may include assistance with the development ofunit-specific collateral, the facilitation of logistical support (roombookings, calendars, etc.), and events-based activities to name a few.
What you'll do:
· Generaladministrative support to the Health Development Team
· Ensure CONHI andCHS Development collateral is replenished and most recent versions
· Coordinatemonthly deliverables like birthday cards (or anniversary cards) that need to goout the following month (pull the list, ensure we have enough cards, etc.)
· Providelogistical support for Development meetings (room bookings, refreshments,office supplies, coordination with department assistants, etc.)
· Sending monthlythank you notes to donors or conducting calls on behalf of the Developmentoffice
· Coordinating massmailings and general mailings
· Event prep andfollow up (where appropriate)
· Handling ofdeposit preparations for unit Officers
· Working withMarketing and Communications (MarComm) teams to ensure the creation of plug andplay templates for some of our most commonly used collateral pieces
· Establish andmaintain a library of templates created by MarComm for customization on the flyfor Development Team
· Work with MarCommto establish and maintain a gallery of CONHI and CHS photos
· Regularly scanand monitor all ASU Health related websites to ensure that content is up todate and work with MarComm to ensure the inclusion of any new/relevant updates
· Other duties asassigned
What you'll need:
· Collaborativestyle, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability tocommunicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
· Proficientin all Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, andPowerPoint. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
· Abilityto work both independently and as part of a team
· Abilityto work with high degree of accuracy with financial data, donor data, andgrammar
· Ability tomaintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regardinginformation related to ASU Enterprise Partners and its affiliates andUniversity business and confidential prospect information
· Attentionto detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Highlyorganized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects with tightdeadlines
· Abilityto quickly learn new software programs as needed
· Ability to follow procedures and guidelines
Acurrent student at Arizona State University pursuing a degree with awillingness to learn, ability to work well with others, and enthusiasm fortheir work. Student must be willing to sign and abide by a confidentialityagreement. Previous professional experience in an office settingpreferred.
ASU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer