Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WORK CONTROL OFFICE SPECIALIST SR.-FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
at Arizona State University
Facilities Management, Maintenance Operations Management, seeks a Work Control Office Specialist Senior. Maintenance Operations Management is the first point of contact for ASU customers and is responsible for facilitating customer service requests, providing specific program development and support, coordinating campus notification of utility outages and service disruptions, and managing emergency, routine and preventative maintenance requests for each campus building.
This position is responsible for all maintenance and service work requests from inception to completion. They dispatch calls to the maintenance technicians, help answer questions about the timing and status of the work, and are committed to providing the best possible service to our customers.
To be determined
- Under general supervision use professional and organizational skills to serve as a frontline reference source to faculty, staff, and students.
- Respond to University customers via multi-phone system or electronic mail regarding service requests for Facilities Management (e.g. answer questions, direct customers to appropriate resources, provide general information by utilizing knowledge of specialized functions).
- Communicate with maintenance technicians, supervisors and managers on work order requests.
- Assist contractors and project managers for project requests.
- Coordinate and execute administrative and clerical support to the department (e.g. distribute mail/messages, copying, filing, maintain and order office equipment, materials and supplies).
- Perform computer duties and data entry with accuracy and attention to detail to maintain TMA work order system (e.g. write and accept various service request, post labor, material, and work notes; process key requests, key transfers, work order charges from internal and external service providers; coordinate, route, and track progress of facility work requests.).
- Maintain a wide variety of files and records and manage the archiving of various department documents.
- Create new files and ensure the appropriate disposition of all physical records in accordance with internal policies/procedures.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet strict deadlines. Ability to multi-task.
- Provide assistance/backup to team members.
- May oversee student workers.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions of the job.
- This position is based at ASU’s Tempe campus and may require working remotely or working from other campuses depending on operational needs. Training for this position may occur in-person and remotely.
- Other duties as assigned.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Five (5) years of increasingly responsible office/clerical experience, which includes one (1) year in a directly related function; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- working in a work control center environment
- working in a call center environment
- in receiving and responding to a high volume of emails
- in data entry
- using a work order systems (e.g. WebTMA)
- in customer service
- using a multi-line phone system
- in electronic file management
- in compiling data and records into reports
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word)
Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse. Required to stand/sit for varying lengths of time and travel moderate distances to perform work. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals. May occasionally lift and carry file boxes/reams of paper. Drive University vehicle.
ASU Facilities Development and Management (FDM) maintains and services all university-owned property, and develops and constructs innovative and sustainable facilities. FDM’s vision is to contribute to and guarantee the success of the university’s mission by creating and caring for the ASU campus and environment. We provide quality customer service, effectively steward our resources, and meet the needs of the university through creative and collaborative efforts.
ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package at very competitive rates to enhance the total compensation of its faculty and staff. This package includes low-cost health and life benefits to insure you and your family, a wellness program for preventative health education and screenings, a disability and leaves program for income protection, employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services, reduced tuition for you and your dependents, disability resources for Americans with Disabilities (ADA), a retirement program with a variety of retiree benefits to ensure your financial security at the end of your career, paid vacation and holidays – and more.
ASU’s comprehensive benefits package is a significant part of your overall total compensation – and ASU pays for most of it when you are a benefits-eligible employee. https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
For more reasons to join ASU, please visit: https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the University Services Building, 1551 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ (on Rural Road south of Apache Blvd).
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 63541BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.