Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STUDENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
at Arizona State University
Student Account Representative
Arizona State University
SBS Student Accounts
ASU Student Business Services seeks a Student Account Representative. This Position preforms a variety of customer service activities within the Student Business Services unit in order to provide courteous, prompt and accurate assistance to students regarding their ASU account status.
$16.74 per hour
- Extensive customer service in person, via e-mail, and on the phone for a variety of student account related functions for ASU Student Business Services.
- Research account activity to identify issues and resolve those issues in assigned area or report issues the appropriate department.
- Prepare reconciliations and departmental reports utilizing a variety of software including PeopleSoft and MS Office.
- Develop and create correspondence in response to student account inquiries.
- Answer a high volume of phone calls, respond to e-mail inquiries and assist with in-person customers.
- Update departmental procedures relating to assigned accounting functions.
Associate's degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or closely related field with two (2) years previous customer service and accounts receivable/payable/cashiering or similar experience OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in working in a high volume customer service environment
- Experience in accounts receivable environment
- Experience in reconciling financial accounts
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience in preparing reports (financial/clerical accounting)
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work related duties.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Clearly communicate account details, policies, procedures, instructions to students; in person, over the phone
ASU Student Business Services provides accounting functions in the areas of: Student Accounts, Cashiering Services, Collections, Tuition Assessment and Treasury Management.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Student Business Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 49079BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.