Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EVENTS COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
at Arizona State University
Events Coordinator Assistant
Arizona State University
ASU 365 Community Union
This is part-time position with no set hours. This position assists with a variety of rentals and uses of ASU 365 Community Union. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
$17.57 - $19.00 per hour; DOE
- Works pre, post and during events to assist with the facilitation of operations and responds to emergencies, problems, etc.; ensures assigned aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to approved plans
- Coordinates activities of assigned areas with activities of other staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate procedures and specifications.
- Assists with security protocol and crowd management during events
- Assists in problem resolution and answers questions; refers to appropriate department when unable to respond
- Handles merchandise counts and manages a cash bank
- Other duties as the relate to scope of this position
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND one year of facility coordination; OR, Three years progressively responsible events or facility coordination experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in facilitating events, taking proactive action during events, public relations and handling complaints, conflict resolution.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Evidence of a valid US driver’s license.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb a 10-foot ladder.
- Frequent bending and reaching
- Ability to work long consecutive hours, for consecutive days.
- Ability to climb numerous sets of stairs in one shift.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The ASU 365 Community Union represents an innovative new stadium-utilization model that transforms Sun Devil Stadium from a football venue into a university asset used 365 days a year. Strategically located in the heart of the Valley, the ASU 365 Community Union is a cultural hub with programming designed for the entire community. It is a place where diversity is celebrated -- a place for students, staff, faculty and local community to eat, play, learn, connect, build relationships, create and innovate. With its official launch in Fall 2019, the ASU 365 Community Union expands a premiere venue for athletic events into a cultural destination for world-class entertainment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Employment Verification Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 49722BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.