Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Maintenance Assistant Phoenix
at Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Job Reference #: 2053
Openings as of 10/14/2020
- Facilities Maintenance Assistant-2053 Phoenix JobID: 2053
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Facilities Maintenance Asst
- Date Posted:
- Individual positions may be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or other related duties
- Perform minor maintenance/repair work on electrical, plumbing, structural/drywall, and painting
- Assist the department with maintenance of equipment, work orders, groundskeeping, and janitorial services
- Perform and document monthly fire inspections to include lighting, extinguishers, and riser pressure
- Assist the Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician with installation and repair of HVAC equipment
- Organize, inventory tools and equipment, and maintain a clean maintenance department
- Document all work orders, move requests, and event set up
- Continue professional growth through coursework and training sessions
- Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit
- Principles and practices of administration and management
- Agency or program rules, regulations, and operating procedures
- General instillation, repair, and preventative maintenance of all facilities equipment
- Construction/safety practices and methods
- Facilities management software
- Basic use and care of equipment and materials
- Minor repair and usage of equipment and tools
- Operation monitoring (checking gages, dials, and indicators for proper operation of equipment)
- Communicate information and ideas effectively so that others will understand
- Operate a fork lift
- Lift, twist, bend, and stack
- Must be able to pass FBI and State background check
- Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all agency personnel that drive on state business
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License required during period of employment
- Work related skill, knowledge, and experience in a maintenance department
- Must pass/obtain Cart Driving Safety certification
- Must pass/obtain Fork Lift Operator safety certification
- Must pass post offer physical
- ASL (American Sign Language) skills if working with students/staff who are deaf or hard of hearing
|FACILITIES MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES: |
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov |
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
To apply, click the link below.