Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Assistant Director Managed Care
First Resume Review: 04/11/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Director Managed Care. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Health Plan Operations, the Assistant Director position will be responsible for the shared leadership of the Division of Health Care Management which procures, and oversees, managed care contracts. The Assistant Director has specific responsibility for all aspects of managed care and fee-for-service rate-setting, and data and financial oversight of managed care organizations. The Assistant Director oversees the following Units: Finance and Reinsurance; Actuarial Analysis; Rates and Reimbursement Unit; and the Data Analysis and Research Unit. In addition there is shared oversight of the Administration Unit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State regulations for Medicaid
* Knowledge of research techniques for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and communicating results to others
* Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of program/project management, and effective supervision of a management team
* Demonstrated knowledge of techniques of budget development
* Knowledge of claims and encounter data, and the ability to analyze payment data and prepare fiscal impact analysis
* Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, auditing and financial analysis
* Masters Level degree in healthcare or finance. Bachelors Level degree in business or health care administration may be substituted with demonstrated experience.
* Experience in the design, development and administration of managed health care programs.
* Strong experience in managing, motivating, and coordinating high-level professionals.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.