Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Admin. Assistant/Scheduling Clerk
Chances are you have heard of Job Corps. Do you know what we do or what we stand for? Now is the perfect time for you to learn more about our outstanding organization! Job Corps is the nations largest and most comprehensive residential, education and job training program for at-risk youth, ages 16 through 24. Since its inauguration in 1964, under the Economic Opportunity Act, Job Corps has provided more than 2 million disadvantaged young people with the integrated academic, vocational, and social skills training they need to gain independence and get quality, long-term jobs or further their education. Albuquerque Job Corps is a Career Development Services System. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant/Scheduling Clerk who maintains the integrity of the office and functions as a liaison between departments, students, staff, and visitors. Performs administrative duties for the department’s manager(s)/director, as well as for other staff members in that area. Responsible for students’ schedules and class accountability. In addition, helps to ensure that all functions are
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Functions as a liaison between department and students, staff, vendors, visitors, etc.: Handles incoming emails, calls, voicemail messages and mail, and prepares information for efficient distribution and action as necessary. Uses common courtesy when greeting visitors and answering phones. Schedules appointments and interviews. Provides necessary information to department and manager/director to ensure timely response by either. Keeps updates on Job Corps and corporate notices and ensures department responds as necessary.
- Responsible for the students’ training schedule: Ensures that each student has an accurate schedule that meets the DOL, Corporate and Center requirements. Ensures that schedules are completed, posted, and distributed by noon on the day before the new schedule begins.
- Responsible for the students’ daily accountability: Ensures that the daily accountability system is administered by DOL, Corporate and Center policy. Ensures that information is completed, posted, and reconciled as appropriate.
- Completes copying, typing and filing as requested and needed: Produces clear copies of requested materials. Proofreads typed documents prior to returning to originator. Prepares weekly reports and other reports required by the DOL, Corporate Office and Center. Types Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), plans, meeting minutes, agenda memos, reports, correspondence, newsletters and any other item as directed. Pays attention to detail, ensuring that documents distributed from your department are well written, comprehensive, error-free and of a high quality. Researches special topics and projects to increase awareness and resource capacity. Maintains department files to include SOPs, weekly reports, JCRL reports, etc.
- Performs other duties as requested by department manager/director: Schedules and attends office meetings, sends out required reports, attends training, works in lieu of other secretaries and clerks on an as-needed basis, helps distribute student pay, assists with special printed projects, acts proactively, completes tasks in a timely and proficient manner, tracks and follow through on action items, exercises good judgment and problem-solving skills on manager’s/director’s behalf, and other comparable duties.
- Enters information into the CIS and keeps necessary files and records: Enters information into CIS as required. Maintains accurate hard and electronic copy files as necessary to ensure department meets DOL, Corporate and Center expectations. Runs CIS reports to ensure information entered is accurate.
- Monitors budget, controls inventory and ensures the department areas are attractive, clean, safe and in good repair: Completes material requests (MRs) and check requests to include budget management. Ensures that purchase orders (POs) are received and filed initially, and that the items requested are received in a timely manner. Ensures that all equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Initiates work orders and ensures that repairs are completed in a timely manner. Ensures that work area, including managers/directors and other assigned areas, are attractive, clean and safe at all times.
Skill / Requirements
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma. Relative experience preferred. Valid Drivers' License and First Aid/CPR
To submit your resume: Go to Alutiiq.com. Click on careers and filter for Albuquerque Job Corps or email to Ruland.Henrietta@jobcorps.org, fax to 505-247-2523 or mail to Human Resources, 1500 Indian School Rd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104. Please include the Code number. 5861-183