Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Materials Planning Analyst
at Allegiant Air
The Material Planning Analyst oversees the implementation and execution of Allegiant’s analytical models used in inventory planning of all the company’s aircraft parts. This individual will work closely with the Manager of Material Planning & Analysis in the development of strategic initiatives to further improve inventory stocking quality and fill-rates. This individual will also evaluate potential stocking, distribution, and maintenance conversion programs for both their financial implications and operational impacts. Work directly with both the Component Repairs and Purchasing departments, understanding the complete supply chain process, to assess potential risks to the operation and develop specialized programs when necessary. A high level of creativity and mathematical aptitude is essential.
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Operations Research, Engineering, Logistics, or Supply Chain degrees or another related field.
No sponsorship available for this position
• Advanced level of proficiency using Excel or programming language. Experience and/or certifications in the following are desirable: Process optimization, Programming or database management, Business or Supply Chain Management, Six-Sigma Lean, and Project Management.
• Strong intellect and aptitude desired.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied activities.
• Good leadership and people management skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve.
• The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
• Responsible for determining the weekly inventory replenishment plans using analytical models.
• Coordinate with maintenance planning, engineering, and material control departments to ensure successful execution of all special programs as well as the day-to-day replenishment.
• Develop new models and perform case studies as required. These models could range from inventory optimization, logistics, aircraft movement patterns, or part failure prediction.
• Maintain existing models that determine the appropriate stock levels and distribution of the company’s aircraft-related rotable and expendable parts inventories.
• Recommend changes whenever there are significant changes in the inputs such as an increase or decrease in the number of aircraft, individual aircraft flight patterns, the desired revision of confidence factors, changes in mechanical reliability, etc.
• Work closely with the Purchasing and Component Repairs groups within the Materials Department to assist in their planning efforts and understanding all of the associated operational risks.
• Perform regular analysis which includes, at a minimum, the entire universe of applicable primary and alternate parts (the parts tree), associated aircraft effectively, aircraft movement patterns, and locations, quantity on hand, prior usage, industry average failure rates, turn times and desired confidence factors.
• Maintain a master parts tree. Interface inter-departmentally and with maintenance technical services, as necessary, to assure completeness, as well as currency in Allegiant’s ERP system and Aircraft Parts Catalogs. Investigate and initiate changes, as necessary.
• Analyze and resolve aircraft parts-related issues as they arise.
• Other duties, as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information see Allegiant.com/careers