ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Team Manager I - Sloan, IA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Supports the store manager in overseeing the daily operations of the store and its employees. Perform the managerial duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assists in the daily operations. Also assists in the management of a retail store that is engaged in the selling of gasoline, liquor, cigarettes and groceries.
· Participates in preparation and execution of inventories.
· Trains or supervises the training of all new employees (openers or closers), follows up retraining if necessary and all documentation.
· Coaches and mentors under-performing staff to improve their skills and reports all personnel issues to the Store Manager immediately for follow up.
· Receives cash or check or completes credit card charge transactions per operating policy.
· Orders merchandise or prepare requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
· Assists with sales promotions activities, the pricing and notification to all employees of such activities.
· Assures that all employees are verifying the ID of any person(s) under the age of 30 prior to the purchase of tobacco and/or alcohol sales.
· Responsible for store cleanliness and maintains store appearance and product representation to company standards.
· Ensures customer’s needs are met, resolve complaints, and customer service is the focus of each employee.
· Provides manager with an objective view on employee’s job performance and behaviors.
· Implements strategies to improve customer service, drives store sales, and increase profitability.
· Able to complete all daily paperwork as required and make deposits and fill change box.
· Completes or assists in employee’s scheduling and ensures control of overtime hours.
· Acts as store manager in their absence.
· May be transferred one or more times to different store locations and you will be expected to adapt to these new environments quickly and easily.
· Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
1. Customer/Client Focus.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel may be expected.
· Computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and situations
· Maintains a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
· (2) years related experience preferred; or four (4) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Associate’s Degree (AA) from a two-year college or university with a major in Business Management or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.