Agua Fria Union School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Office Manager
at Agua Fria Union School District
Job Reference #: 2519
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 9/18/2020
- Administrative Office Manager JobID: 2519
- Position Type:
Secretarial/Clerical/Administrative Office Manager
- Date Posted:
Agua Fria High School
- Closing Date:
09/30/2020 Additional Information:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by appropriate business courses.
- Must possess expert secretarial skills and techniques needed in a school setting.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate several activities at once.
- Ability to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems.
- Ability to cope and meet deadlines.
- Must possess a minimum of five years of secretarial experience, preferably in a school setting.
- Must pass a battery of secretarial tests with a high degree of proficiency.
- Must possess a loyalty to the District and its philosophy.
- Must possess a pleasant personality and a warmth for and understanding of children, staff, and parents.
- Must possess an ability to deal effectively with matters of confidentiality.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge in the use of standard office machines and personal computers.
- Manages the daily operations of the Principal’s Office.
- Organizes and supervises the work flow of the Principal’s Office.
- Delegates matters of non-confidential activities to other support staff as needed to meet deadlines.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Operates computers and other office equipment, prepares correspondence for administrators, staff and others as necessary.
- Completes reports (including monthly Principal’s report for the Governing Board), handles student records, prepares schedules, and prepares a variety of fiscal and statistical reports as requested.
- Manages distribution and return of school building keys.
- Answers phone, takes and relays messages, places outside phone calls for teachers, greets public, and responds to inquiries from parents, students, and school personnel.
- Maintains appropriate files as required.
- Maintains a daily working calendar schedule for principal, vice principal, and staff. Makes appointments, schedules meetings and notifies participants, including coordination of staff parties, new teacher meetings and luncheons.
- Orders supplies and keeps accounts as needed.
- Handles mail and all correspondence, including bulk mailings and confidential mail.
- Makes travel arrangements such as lodging, registration, and flight arrangements for staff and administrators.
- Supervises and trains student assistants.
- Trains hourly office employees (attendance, secretaries, etc.).
- Creates and distributes forms for office use.
- Serves as liaison between parents, community members, business salespeople and administration.
- Maintains up-to-date master calendar and bell schedule.
- Fills in for Nurse as needed for non-emergency care.
- Attends graduation meetings; organizes and arranges and orders necessary equipment, facilities, and personnel; updates graduation committee members regarding status of pending ceremony; and communicates the plan for graduation with faculty and staff in a timely manner.
- Supports new administrators during their transition period.
- Collects and edits classified personnel time sheets, requests to be absent, etc. and sends to District Office for payroll.
- Calls applicants to schedule interviews and prepares follow-up correspondence.
- Prepares documentation and correspondence for long term suspension hearings.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
- Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position Description: Administrative Office Manager
Classified Exempt Initial Placement Compensation Guide
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 Days)
Work Calendar: 12-month (260-262 Days)
I. General Description:
This position serves as secretary to the principal and performs specialized and complex secretarial procedures as required. Deals directly with students, parents, and other public visitors.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!