Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Content Coordinator K-12, Science (Elementary Focus)
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 58782|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Mar 20, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, Colorado, 802412601
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Respond to teacher, school, parent and community needs including informal requests. Supporting teachers and school leaders with questions and needs related to content-specific standards, curriculum, instructional design, and assessments, and actively partnering with community members and organizations. Work collaboratively with other content coordinators and district leaders to support and improve instructional practices and curriculum implementation.
2.Research best practices in curriculum development. Develop, design, adjust and implement curriculum resources and tools that support teachers in ensuring student mastery of the content specific standards.
3.Design or identify and implement subject area assessments in conjunction with the assessment department, ensuring effective assessments.
4.Provide staff development in best practice instruction specific to the content area as appropriate. Provide professional development support, training, coaching, walk-throughs with administrators and teachers to improve the implementation of the instructional programs and materials that support content curricula and district curriculum frameworks.
5.Support teachers and staff in effective use of curriculum documents as they design differentiated lessons for students. Support and instruct teachers in effective lesson design based on standards and examination of student data at the classroom level, adjusting as needed to meet student needs.
6.Plan and lead level specific standing committee meetings. Communicate information to all district stakeholders.
7.Research and coordinate the selection of instructional materials in identified content area. Oversee the process for adopting instructional materials.
8.Conduct program reviews, develop new programs and/or courses, and revise curriculum frameworks as needed to align with National or State Framework changes. Inform administrators and teachers about changes, best first instruction in the delivery, pacing, and implementation of the resources that are chosen.
9.Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
?Master?s degree required; preferred in content area of specialization. (Science)
?Five (5) years of experience of teaching in content area of science at the elementary level.
?Background and experience in curriculum writing preferred.
?Last performance evaluation meeting or exceeding standards in all performance areas and overall performance.
?Previous successful experience working with adult learners preferred.
?Coursework in Linguistically Diverse Education preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
?Criminal background check required for hire.
?Valid Colorado Teacher?s license.
?Colorado Administrator License preferred.
?Valid Driver?s License
- Deep knowledge of content area standards. (Science)
- Knowledge of, and proven ability to, implement instructional best practice.
- Ability to design curriculum and assessments in identified content area. (Science)
- Knowledge of textbooks and materials within the identified content area. (Science)
- Knowledge of standards based education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to make appropriate data based decisions.
- Ability to facilitate professional learning related to pedagogy and science.
- Ability to manage district grants and budgets.
- Excellent oral, written, and public speaking communication skills.
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheets.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job. Includes adapting to and mastering new system applications and processes as implemented by the district or department.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, District policies, building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees’ education and/or work experience.
Salary Range: (Level 10) $66,992 - $90,636
All applicants (current district employees and externalapplicants) should list any and all work experience, including current districtexperience, when completing the employment application or when including aresume. Since the Human Resource department uses the application and/orresume to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is importantto have a complete application so you will be considered for the position youare applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Achange in hiring practice now allows certified and classified internalapplicants who are stipend eligible to receive either their CertifiedCompensation Stipend/Career Service Stipend if hired into a differentemployment group, such as administration. Please contact Jason Thompsonin Human Resources with questions or for further information.