District Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Service Technician
at District Medical Group
The IT Service Technician, under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, provides break/fix services for all servers, computers, printers and other associated peripheral devices. Will be responsible for configuring computers and other peripheral devices to attach to the company’s network, responding to assigned Help Desk calls, basic server maintenance, troubleshooting. Follows departmental policies and procedures and assists in enforcing company Computer/Electronic Communications/Voice Mail policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs and configures DMG applications on computers as required.
- Provides setup, and configuration of computing peripherals such as printers, CD, DVD read/writers, monitors, scanners, mice, special keyboards, and other equipment as necessary.
- Troubleshoots computer and peripheral issues and provides hardware replacement, cleaning or repair as needed.
- Maintains compliance with software licensing and inventory.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level including; installing/upgrading software, implementing file backups, configuration of systems and applications.
- Answers and responds to Help Desk calls and logs name, department, contact and issue(s).
- Perform post-resolution and follow-up to Help Desk calls.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work duties.
- Performs basic networking maintenance functions such as; user creation, assignment of rights and permissions.
- Should be familiar with DHCP, DNS, and IP, network traffic routing, WAN, LAN and internet connectivity. Some knowledge of remote access and VPNs.
- Works closely with both technical and non-technical staff and is required to communicate effectively with both.
- Performs research on technical computer topics as request by IT Director.
- 2-3 years’ experience basic networking skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree or some College level coursework.
- A+ Certification preferred.
- Combination of education and experience so as to demonstrate proficiency in PC configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows 7 and Server 2008.
- Two to three years previous experience including basic networking skills demonstrating ability to connect and configure computers and peripherals to the company network.
- Individual must be outgoing, organized, hardworking, able to follow directions and a team player.
- The successful candidate will be high on customer satisfaction and have good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work both independently and in group settings.
Physical Mental Demands:
- This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements.
- Valid Driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Periods of prolonged sitting at a computer screen
- Ability to lift and move computer terminals and peripheral equipment
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Normal office working environment