District Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DMG Anthem - Medical Assistant
at District Medical Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 97
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
3624 W Anthem Way, Phoenix, AZ 85086, USA Req #97
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing support to corresponding clinics by assisting patients and their family members before, during and after a doctor’s visit. Medical assistants work alongside doctors, nurses and other clinical personnel, performing functions that help the clinic run smoothly. Successful candidate will float front and back.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares patients for examination and assisting physician during treatment, examinations, and testing of patients.
- Assists with obtaining vital signs, documents chief complaint and all actions taken.
- Assists with obtaining patient history, assists physicians, residents and/or licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs basic patient procedures, sets up exam/procedure rooms including instruments for minor procedures, preparations may include administering medications (excluding IV) under direct supervision of a physician.
- Obtains lab specimen and fills out requisitions completely and accurately.
- Review patient medications.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Document in Electronic Medical Record patient-related communication and interventions.
- Patient phone calls for appointment reminders.
- Prepares, restocks, and disinfects examination rooms, procedure rooms, lab area, and all other patient care areas.
- Sterilize medical equipment as assigned by division.
- Assist with additional duties as assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
- Previous MA clinic experience - 2 years minimum
- Primary care clinic experience - 2 years minimum
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Must be willing to be cross trained in behavioral health.
- Must be able to do immunizations and vaccinations.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Diploma.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Valid CPR-BLS card.
- TB, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, and Influenza
- Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the heath care field, medical terminology, and medical office protocol.
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs: MS Office and EMR.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work flow.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to interact with others with diplomacy and tact.
- Skilled in understanding patient education needs and effectively communicate that information to patients.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Knowledge and ability to work with special needs patients.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are M-F 7am-5pm and Saturday 8am to 12pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Thursday, October 1, 2020
Share this job:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!