District Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cash Applications Specialist I
at District Medical Group
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Cash Applications Specialist I is responsible for posting payments for various payers. Verifying and processing refunds, payment research and payment transfers.
- Perform electronic posting of commercial insurance and AHCCCS.
- Perform manual posting of various commercial insurance and AHCCCS-- posting from EOBS and edits of electronic remits.
- Perform manual posting of self pay and patient responsibility payments.
- Responsible for posting denials from EOBS
- Responsible for posting contractual adjustments and transfer requests from customer service and collections/management.
- Perform special posting for - Ability to Pay Program (ATPP) payments, Ryan White Payments, Well Woman payments, Inspiris Payments
- Must maintain daily average of 600+ daily transactions.
- Accurately post payments and appropriately document the system so that all staff can understand and can be used as legal documentation if necessary.
- Identify when errors are occurring in internal processes and by payers.
- Efficiently and effectively navigate IDX, Impower, Microsoft Excel and Patient Collections Database
- Maintain client and patient confidentiality.
- Work credit balance reports.
- Review unidentified payments and transfer to appropriate account invoices.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- 2 + years medical payment posting experience preferred
- Prior experience with IDX, EPIC, Microsoft Access & Excel preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical payment posting practices.
- General health care knowledge.
- General understanding of accounting debits and credits.
- Knowledge of denial codes.
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to problem solve and analyze
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including telephones, computers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, scanners and shredders.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Proficient in 10 key by touch.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity needed for using a ten key calculator and computer keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional overtime maybe required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
*The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the position.