District Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Clerkship Coordinator - Internal Medicine
at District Medical Group
Under the direction of the Department Program Director, Clerkship Director and CME Manager, this position is primarily charged with coordinating rotating medical students and to a lesser extent, supports the resident physicians. It also supports faculty physicians, requiring initiative and independent judgment. The incumbent works independently and has contact with high level administrative personnel.
- Executes a variety of administrative functions relative to the application request and check-in processes of visiting learners including: medical students, shadowers, observing physicians and/or rotating residents. This involves confidential and sensitive school transcripts, medical histories and malpractice issues.
- Maintains applications/evaluations/grades in confidential files. Compiles student packets and orients students on the first day of the rotation. Assists in the development of student schedules. Assembles student rotation evaluations at the end of the student rotations and prepares final evaluation for preceptor or designee.
- Collects and prepares student, shadower, observer and/or rotating resident rotation requests in a timely manner for the monthly meeting of the GMEC to review and approve. Builds and maintains relationships that benefit Valleywise Health with coordinators from Medical Schools.
- Answers students’ questions and/or defer to the appropriate department.
- Provides support to department residency coordinator with accomplishing the required tasks of the residency program.
- Maintains and updates databases including VSAS, E*Value, and New Innovations.
- Coordinates educational conferences for the residency program including, but not limited to, coordinating speakers, reserving space, ordering food, setting up computer and projector, and monitoring attendance. Preparing and compiling necessary materials. Maintaining and updating monthly department conference schedule.
- Cross train on other department administrative coordinator functions.
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of time and project management skills
- Ability to work independently but also take direction well.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Skilled problem solver and critical thinker.
Education or Equivalency
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- Minimum of two years as an administrator in an office setting
- Two years’ experience in an administrative support role in a medical/graduate medical education setting preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Vehicle Insurance Coverage
- $100,000 bodily injury per person
- $300,000 bodily injury per accident
- $100,000 property damage liability
FTE Status/Scheduled Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required and/or hours may be shortened as job duties demand. as job duties demand.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, September 14, 2020